Raspberry Rhubarb Pie
Let dessert be refreshing with a slice of this Raspberry Rhubarb Pie. It is the perfect way to end a meal at any time of the year.
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups rhubarb, chopped 1 inch pieces, fresh or frozen, thawed and drained
- 1 cup unsweetened raspberries, fresh or frozen
- Pastry for a double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 teaspoons butter
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 80mins
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
In a large bowl, combine the sugar, tapioca, salt and cinnamon. Add rhubarb and raspberries; toss gently. Let stand for 20 minutes.
Line a 9-inch pie plate with bottom pastry; trim pastry even with edge. Pour filling into crust; dot with butter. Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Trim, seal and flute edges.
Bake at 400°F for 30 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until pastry is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent over browning if necessary.
You'll also love
- Low Carb Bacon Cheddar Chicken... 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Cinnamon Swirl Sweet Potato... 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Apple Pie Pops 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Hot Orange Spiced Cider (Diabetic... 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- SAUSAGE POTATO EGG BAKE 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Blueberry Banana Nut Bread 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Berry Sorbet 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Rhubarb Crisp 4.5/5 (4 Votes)