Turkey Burgers with Avocado Sauce
These delicious southwest inspired turkey burgers are definitely a treat! Make them mid week or an easy, stress free meal!
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound extra-lean ground turkey
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- FOR SERVING:
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- Shredded lettuce and reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, optional
- Sliced tomato and red onion, optional
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
In a large skillet, saute the corn, onion and peppers in oil until crisp-tender. Stir in the lime juice, garlic, salt, cumin, chili powder and oregano; cook 1 minute longer. Transfer to a large bowl and cool slightly. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into four burgers. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
For sauce, in a small bowl, mash avocado with the sour cream, cilantro, lime juice, garlic and salt. Refrigerate until serving.
Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
Place on buns; top each with about 1/4 cup sauce. Serve with the lettuce, cheese, tomato and onion if desired.
Yield: 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Chickpea-Avocado and Feta Salad 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- SAUSAGE POTATO EGG BAKE 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Orange Butter 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Mama's Oven Fried Chicken 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Orange-Pistachio Wild Rice Salad 4.1/5 (22 Votes)
- Chicken Puttanesca with Spaghetti... 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Pineapple Sunshine Cake 3.9/5 (46 Votes)
- Turkey Cocktail Meatballs 4.4/5 (10 Votes)