Autumn Pumpkin Bread
- Crisco® no-stick vegetable cooking spray
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups pumpkin
- 1 cup Crisco® vegetable oil
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 orange
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
1.Heat the oven to 350ºF. Spray 2 loaf pans with the cooking spray.
2.Stir the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a medium bowl.
3.Beat the pumpkin, oil, sugar and eggs in a medium bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until the mixture is smooth. Add the flour mixture and beat just until combined. Stir in the walnuts and raisins. Pour the batter into the pans.
4.Bake for 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center of a loaf comes out clean. Let the bread cool in the pans on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Remove the bread from the pans and let cool completely.
5.Grate 1 teaspoon zest and squeeze 3 tablespoons juice from the orange. Stir the confectioners' sugar, orange zest and orange juice in a small bowl until the mixture is smooth. Drizzle the bread with the glaze and sprinkle with additional chopped walnuts, if desired.
You'll also love
- The Best Banana Bread 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Tater Tot Fish 3.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Apple Crisp 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Beef Skewers with Horseradish Sauce 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pappardelle Pasta with Corn 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Zucchini Bread 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Zucchini Cake with Lime Cream... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Pumpkin Spice Caramels 4.7/5 (24 Votes)
Review this recipe