Pappardelle Pasta with Corn
- Pappardelle With Corn
- Kosher salt
- 2 ears corn, shucked
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cups grape tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 12 ounces pappardelle pasta
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 small bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan, plus more for topping
- Torn basil, for topping
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the corn and cook until slightly tender, about 3 minutes. Remove with tongs, reserving the boiling water. Let the corn cool slightly, then cut off the kernels.
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the tomatoes, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and cook until the tomatoes soften, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 1 more minute. Add the wine and cook until reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the pappardelle in the corn water as the label directs. Reserve 1 cup of the cooking water, then drain the pasta. Add the chicken broth and corn kernels to the skillet and bring to a simmer.
Add the pasta to the skillet; add the scallions, parmesan, the remaining 3 tablespoons butter and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Toss to combine, adding the reserved cooking water as needed. Season with salt and pepper. Top with more parmesan and basil.
You'll also love
- Pasta Salad with Grilled Sausage... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Bacon & Tomato Spaghetti Carbonara 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Grilled Cuban Chicken with Black... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Spinach, Feta, and Pine Nut Ravioli 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Super Moist Cornbread 5/5 (1 Votes)
Review this recipe