Applesauce Oatmeal Breakfast Muffins
This Applesauce Oatmeal Breakfast Muffin recipe is slightly adapted from a friend's food blog (www.mytastytreasures.blogspot.com). Instead of butter, applesauce and canola oil is used, yielding a moist muffin. I wanted to bake the cake recipe as muffins, so I had to double the batter to make six of these, using an extra-large muffin pan (otherwise, these should make 10-12 in a regular muffin pan).
These are moist and very delicious. The aroma that comes from your kitchen will wake the sleepiest family members. They did not wait past five minutes to bite into these!
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oatmeal
- 2 cup flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Dash salt
- 2 eggs, beaten well
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from foodiewife-kitchen.blogspot.com
Mix all topping ingredients together by rubbing with fingers, set aside. (I got a little lazy and melted the butter, as a shortcut from having to soften my rock hard butter!)
In a large bowl, mix your flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In another bowl, whisk together your eggs, applesauce, oil, and vanilla.
Mix it well.
Add applesauce mixture to flour mixture, stir till wet.
With an ice cream scoop, fill each each muffin well about 2/3 full. (You an also bake as a cake, or as smaller muffins).
Sprinkle topping over batter.
Bake at 350°F for approximately 25 minutes.
You'll also love
- Krispy Kreme Muffins 4.5/5 (91 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Parmesan Honey Pork... 4.6/5 (41 Votes)
- Fried Cabbage with Onions and Bacon 4.6/5 (41 Votes)
- Lemon Slices 4.6/5 (41 Votes)
- White Christmas Cookie Tree 4.6/5 (41 Votes)
- Skillet Lasagna 4.6/5 (41 Votes)
- Coconut Joy Bites 4.4/5 (58 Votes)
- Chicken Alfredo Roll-Ups 4.4/5 (58 Votes)
- Baked Apple Pie Roll Ups 4.4/5 (54 Votes)
- pumpkin muffins 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Vegan Chocolate Caramel Mug Brownie 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Applesauce Cranberry Muffins 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Mini Chorizo Corn Dogs 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Buttermilk Pear Cobbler 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Grammie's Polish sweet cherry cake 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- fluffy pancakes 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Banana Muffins with Cream Cheese... 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Peach Buttermilk Mini Cakes 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- A Pauper's Apple Pie 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Pumpkin Muffins or Cookies 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Perfect Pineapple-Nut Bread 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Pumpkin Bread with a Penuche Glaze 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Blueberry Pudding Cake 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Savory Sweet Potato Muffins 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Raspberry Cream Scones 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pumpkin Pie Pancakes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cinnamon Roll Coffee Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)