Seared Scallops with Cauliflower Purée
You'll really love this recipe because it is not only healthy and gourmet but also incredibly healthy! Patting the sea scallops dry before cooking helps ensure a great seared crust.
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower florets
- 1 cup cubed peeled Yukon gold potato
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1/2 pounds sea scallops
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
Bring first 4 ingredients to a boil in a saucepan; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 6 minutes or until potato is tender. Remove from heat. Let stand, uncovered, 10 minutes.
Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Pat scallops dry with paper towels; sprinkle with ¼-teaspoon salt and black pepper. Add scallops to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove scallops from pan.
Pour cauliflower mixture in a blender. Add ½-teaspoon salt, butter, and red pepper. Remove center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape); secure lid on blender. Place a clean towel over opening in lid (to avoid splatters). Blend until smooth. Serve puree with scallops.
You'll also love
- Baked Potato Slices 4.5/5 (48 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Orange Glazed Pork... 4.6/5 (42 Votes)
- Lemon Garlic Parmesan Orzo w/ Peas 4.5/5 (46 Votes)
- Chipotle-Orange-Glazed Salmon... 4.6/5 (44 Votes)
- Chayote and Shrimp Soup Seasoned... 4.8/5 (11 Votes)
- Louisiana Shrimp Po Boy Sandwich 4.3/5 (64 Votes)
- whole roasted cauliflower with a... 4.4/5 (52 Votes)
- Parmesan Scalloped Potato Stacks 4.3/5 (62 Votes)