Amaretto Blueberry Sauce
What a sweet treat! Love this Amaretto Blueberry Sauce! If blueberries are not in season, try Doles frozen blueberries, they work best.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups fresh blueberries or if out of season, Dole Frozen Blueberries
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup Amaretto
- 4 heaping tablespoon jam or preserves (i.e., raspberry, blackberry, boysenberry, etc.)
Adapted from allyskitchen.com
Melt the butter in a heavy skillet over medium high heat. Add the blueberries, salt and toss and turn cooking about 5 minutes. Add the Amaretto cooking another 5 minutes; the berries will begin to burst and juice.
Add the preserves or jam and blend. Reduce heat to low or simmer and cook another about 20 minutes to let the sauce thicken somewhat. Ready to serve and use however you decide!
You'll also love
- Angel Food Cake... 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Ina Garten's Baked Blintzes with... 4.4/5 (39 Votes)
- Pumpkin & Cider Stove Top Mac n'... 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Cold Marinated Mushrooms 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Banana Raisin Muffins 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Vanilla Bean Pecan Butter 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Apple and Carrot Salad 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Gluten-Free Strawberry Pie and Pie... 4.3/5 (8 Votes)