Cheddar Pear Pie
Give your pears a flavor boost with a pie that everyone will love! Bring this Cheddar Pear Pie to your next dinner party.
- 4 large ripe pears, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 frozen pie shell (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
In a large bowl, combine the pears, sugar, cornstarch and salt; toss gently to coat. Pour into pie shell.
For topping, combine the cheese, flour, sugar and salt; stir in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling.
Bake at 425°F for 25-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. Cool on a wire rack for 15 to 20 minutes. Serve warm. Store in the refrigerator.
You'll also love
- Pear Tarte Tatin with Red-Wine... 4.7/5 (14 Votes)
- Pear Pie with Red Wine & Rosemary 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Broccoli fish bake 4.1/5 (9 Votes)
- Falafel-Coated Shrimp with Yogurt... 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Banana Flax Crackers 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Watermelon Steak with Sorbetto 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Pan Roast of Cod, Pears &... 4.2/5 (11 Votes)