Orange Swirled Cheesecake Dessert
By Side Passion
- 6 ounces shortbread cookies (about 23)
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 6 tablespoons plus 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons cold water
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange peel
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup sour cream
Preparation time 55mins
Cooking time 90mins
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
Preheat oven to 325°. Place cookies and almonds in a food processor; cover and process until fine crumbs form. Stir in butter. Press into an ungreased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake 15 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine 6 tablespoons sugar and cornstarch. Stir in orange juice, water and peel until blended. Cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Whisk a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolk. Return all to pan. Reduce heat. Cook, whisking continuously, 1 minute. Set aside to cool completely.
3. Place baking chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Cool.
4. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Beat in flour. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Beat in sour cream and white chocolate mixture just until combined.
5. Place 1/4 cup cream cheese mixture in a small bowl; stir in orange mixture until well blended.
6. Pour plain cream cheese mixture over crust. Drop orange batter by tablespoonfuls randomly over top. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
7. Bake at 325° 30-35 minutes or until filling is set. Cool on a wire rack 1 hour. Refrigerate at least 2 hours. Cut into squares. Store in the refrigerator.