Orange Nut Butter Cake
By Sage B.
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup orange mamalade
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 5 ounce can evaporated milk
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/2 teapsoon grated orange peel
- 2 to 3 tablespoons orange juice
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 80mins
Adapted from bing.com
Preheat oven to 350°.
In large mixing bowl combine sugar and butter. Beat at medium speed, scraping sides of bowl often, until creamy (1 to 2 minutes). Continue beating, adding eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition until well mixed. Reduce speed to low; add orange peel, vanilla, and marmalade. Beat until well mixed.
In medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add flour mixture alternately with orange juice and evaporated milk to butter mixture until well mixed. Stir in chopped nuts by hand.
Spoon into greased and floured 10-inch tube pan. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely.
In small mixing bowl combine sugar, butter, and orange peel. Beat at low speed, scraping sides of bowl often and gradually adding enough orange juice for desired glazing consistency. Glazed cooled cake.
You'll also love
- Weight Watcher's Beef Nachos 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Guinness Corned Beef with Potatoes... 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Crockpot Broccoli Cheddar Soup 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Apple Cinnamon Cobbler Cakes 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Apple Crumb Pie 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Crock Pot Lemonade 4.7/5 (17 Votes)
- Key Lime and White Chocolate Scones 4.7/5 (18 Votes)
- Mandarin Orange Oriental Sauce... 4.8/5 (8 Votes)