Beef Stir-Fry w/ Avocado Salad
- 12 ounces beef tenderloin, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 poblano, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup Cojita cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup cilantro plus more for garnish, chopped
- Corn tortillas (optional)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
1. In a bowl, combine beef, 2 tablespoons lime juice, and 1 tablespoon chili powder; set aside.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet. Add onion, bell pepper, and poblano and saute 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add beef and marinade to vegetables and cook 3 to 4 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper.
4. In another bowl, combine beans, avocado, cheese, 1/4 cup cilantro, and remaining lime juice and chili powder.
5. Garnish beef and vegetables with remaining cilantro. Serve with avocado salad and warmed tortillas if desired.
You'll also love
- Pumpkin Donuts 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Spiced raisin cookies 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Curried Pork with Vindaloo 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Blueberry Pepper Jam 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Mediterranean Pasta With Sausage 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Southwestern Beef & Bean Burger... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Bean and Beef Enchilada Casserole 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Beer-Battered Fish Tacos with... 5/5 (1 Votes)