Fruit/Rum Basted Pineapple Spears
- 1 large pineapple, cut into 16 spears
- 1/4 cup dark or spiced rum
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 pint coconut or tropical fruit sorbet
- Chopped amacadmia nuts, shredded unsweetened coconut or Turbinado Sugar
Prepare grill for cooking over medium heat.
Stir together rum, butter and granulated sugar, then brush fruit with about half of the mixture.
Grill pineapple, uncovered, until softened and some of the edges have carmelized, about 5-7 minutes. Brush fruit carefully with remaining rum mixture in the last couple of minutes of cooking.
Arrange pineapple on each plate, and spoon ice cream over or beside the fruit. Scatter with nuts or other toppings. serve at once.
You'll also love
- Tomato and Mozzarella Tilapia Bake 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- French Cream of Mushroom Soup... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Maya Angelou's Banana Pudding 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Lobster Ravioli with Seared... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Polynesian Pineapple Dessert 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pineapple sauce/glaze for hamloaf... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Ginger Pear Shortcakes 4.4/5 (11 Votes)