Creamy Fettuccine with Shrimp and Bacon
A dish of shrimp sautéed in bacon drippings and tossed with fettuccine sounds like a no-no for the calorie conscious. But at under 400 calories a serving, indulge! Cook the fettuccine al dente so the strands remain intact and maintain their slightly firm texture.
Amount per serving
Calories from fat: 18%
Saturated fat: 3.7g
Monounsaturated fat: 1.2g
Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- 1 pound uncooked fettuccine
- 2 bacon slices (uncooked)
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 cups frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 2 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, divided
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain well; keep warm.
Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 6 minutes or until crisp. Remove bacon from the pan, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in pan. Crumble bacon; set aside.
Add shrimp and garlic to pan; sauté over medium-high heat 2 minutes. Add peas and carrot; cook 2 minutes or just until shrimp are done. Transfer shrimp mixture to a large bowl; keep warm.
Combine milk, flour, salt, and pepper, stirring with a whisk. Add milk mixture to pan; cook over medium heat 3 minutes or until thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly with a whisk. Remove pan from heat; add cheese, stirring until blended. Add milk mixture to shrimp mixture; stir until combined. Add pasta and 1/4 cup parsley, tossing gently to coat. Transfer pasta mixture to a platter, or divide evenly among each of 8 plates; sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/4 cup parsley and crumbled bacon. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Blueberry Streusel Coffee Cake 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Zucchini Tomato Gratin 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Superb Rigatoni and Cauliflower Au... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Shrimp Salad 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Beef Vegetable Soup 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Crab Dip Barry 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Asparagus Bow-Tie Pasta 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Spaghetti with Arugula, Roasted... 4/5 (1 Votes)