Slow Cooked Ribeye
Slow cooking a ribeye steak melts the fat which easily incorporates all of the spices creating great flavors. Adding potatoes and onions makes it an easy, delicious meal.
- 4 pounds ribeye, trim off fat
- 2 packets Lipton onion soup mix
- 6 large baking potatos, diced
- 2 cups water
- 1 large onion, sliced
- Olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Onion powder, to taste
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 480mins
Adapted from socalpastrychef.blogspot.com
Season ribeye with salt, pepper and onion powder. Brown all sides of ribeye in a large skillet with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
Transfer ribeye to slow cooker with half of the potatoes and half of the onions covering the bottom. Place remaining potatoes and onions on top of ribeye.
Combine water and soup mix in a small bowl, pour all over the top of the meat. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours (or cook on high for 3 to 4). Meat should be fork tender.
You'll also love
- Stupid Easy Slow Cooker Chicken... 4.1/5 (130 Votes)
- Honey Garlic Pork Chops 4.4/5 (106 Votes)
- Barefoot Contessa's Lemon Bars 4/5 (153 Votes)
- Tennessee Honey Corn Pudding 4.2/5 (122 Votes)
- Crock Pot Chicken Stroganoff -... 4.1/5 (128 Votes)
- Copycat's Arby’s Roast Beef... 3.8/5 (345 Votes)
- Beef Skirt Steak Pinwheels 4.5/5 (80 Votes)
- Gordon Ramsay's Steak Diane 3.9/5 (199 Votes)