Gordon Ramsay's Steak Diane
A recipe inspired by one of Gordon Ramsay's iconic dishes. Enjoy your steak with a creamy mushroom sauce with a side of peas and roasted potatoes!
- 4 (7-ounce) sirloin steaks
- 3 shallots, peeled
- 4 ounces crimini mushrooms, cleaned (or button mushrooms)
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, to taste
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup brandy or cognac
- 1 cup heavy cream
- small handful of flat-leaf parsley
Using a rolling pin, roll out the steaks to flatten and cut off any excess fat. Season the steaks on both sides with salt and pepper.
Heat a little olive oil in a skillet pan large enough to accommodate the 4 steaks in one layer. Quickly saute the steaks for up to a minute on each side then remove from the pan and set aside.
To make the sauce for the steaks, heat some more olive oil in the pan. Slice the shallots and add to the pan; allow to soften briefly before adding sliced mushrooms with a tablespoon of butter. Crush in the garlic using a garlic press.
Add the Worcestershire sauce, then the mustard and heat through for a minute. Turn up the heat and tilt the pan away from you. Pour the brandy into the far end and allow it to ignite. Once the alcohol has burnt off, swirl the juices around the pan. Add the cream and allow the sauce to thicken before turning down the heat.
Introduce the steaks back into the pan and cook a little further depending on how well done you would like them. Remove steaks and spoon sauce over them. Sprinkle with parsley. Enjoy!
You'll also love
- White Gummy Bear 4.1/5 (135 Votes)
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Cobbler 4.3/5 (84 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Autumn Harvest Veggie... 4.5/5 (74 Votes)
- Bourbon Street Chicken 4.5/5 (77 Votes)
- French-Style Beef Stew 4.5/5 (72 Votes)
- Crock Pot Ribs 4.5/5 (68 Votes)
- Chocolate and Peanut Butter... 4.3/5 (93 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Melt in Your Mouth... 4.2/5 (82 Votes)
- Pasta with Ricotta Cheese Sauce 3.8/5 (192 Votes)
- Cheesecake Factory Steak Diane 3.9/5 (157 Votes)
- Easy Caramel Pecan Rolls 4.5/5 (53 Votes)
- Pineapple Crunch Cake 4.4/5 (31 Votes)
- Pinoy Cheese Sticks 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Shrimp alla Marinara 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Mustard Maple Glazed Pork Chops 4.4/5 (34 Votes)
- Bacon-Wrapped Filet Mignon 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Juicy Pub-Style Burgers 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Brussels Sprouts in Garlic Butter 4.2/5 (37 Votes)
- Crack Slaw, an Asian Cole Slaw... 4.2/5 (29 Votes)
- Seafood Kare-Kare 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Ranch Fried Chicken- Cook's... 4.2/5 (28 Votes)
- Seared Filet Mignon with Jameson... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Lea & Perrins Marinade 3.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Cabbage Steak Baked 3.7/5 (52 Votes)
- Burgundy Mushroom Sauce 3.9/5 (8 Votes)
- Margaritaville Nachos 3.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Raspberry Coulis Sauce with a... 0/5 (0 Votes)