Granny’s Secret Fried Chicken
The secret is out! See, Granny didn’t stop at pancake batter to make her fried chicken the best. Her other secret was in the brine.
- GRANNY'S BRINE:
- 5 cups water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 1 chicken, cut up & brined
- 2 – 3 cups of Aunt Jemima Pancake Flour
- 3 tbsp. salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 150mins
Adapted from greeneggs-and-spam.com
Let the chicken sit in the brine (covered in the refrigerator) for 3 ½ hours exactly.
Mix pancake flour, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
In a separate bowl combine egg, butter & milk.
Remove the chicken from the brine and rinse. Pat dry.
Dip chicken pieces in the egg mixture and then dredge in the pancake mixture. Shake off any excess.
Fry 3 – 4 pieces of chicken for 7 – 8 minutes (or until desired color is reached) and flip. Repeat with remaining chicken.
Drain on a paper towel lined plate.
You'll also love
- Mini Pizza Tacos 4.4/5 (51 Votes)
- Scalloped Potato & Ground Beef... 4.1/5 (65 Votes)
- Chicken and Broccoli 4.5/5 (36 Votes)
- Pan Seared Chicken Breast with... 4.5/5 (36 Votes)
- Chicken Enchilada Dip 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- Three Ingredient Orange Chicken 4.4/5 (48 Votes)
- Yummy Honey Chicken Kabobs 4.5/5 (40 Votes)