Never-Fail Pound Cake
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 3 cup sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 cup cake flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoon lemon extract
Adapted from pauladeen.com
10-inch bundt pan, greased and floured
In a large bowl, using a mixer, combine the butter and sugar until creamy. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the flour and milk alternately, beginning and ending with the flour. Stir in the lemon extract. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan.
Place pan in a cold oven and heat oven to 325 degrees F. Bake cake for 1 hour. Increase the temperature to 350 degrees F and bake for 30 minutes more.
*Cook’s Note: Do not open the oven door while baking.
Cool the cake in the pan for 10 minutes, and then turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
You'll also love
- Impossible Coconut Pie 4.5/5 (35 Votes)
- Gooey Butter Cookies 4.4/5 (51 Votes)
- Zucchini Cake with Lemon Cream... 4.5/5 (38 Votes)
- Rao's Famous Lemon Chicken 4.5/5 (42 Votes)
- Loaded Chicken and Potato Casserole 4.2/5 (35 Votes)
- Fresh Orange Cake with Orange... 4.2/5 (58 Votes)
- Garlic and Parmesan Chicken Wings 4.6/5 (30 Votes)
- Easy 7-UP Pound Cake 4.3/5 (25 Votes)