Chipotle Bacon Avocado Burger
- 2 lbs of ground beef
- 3-4 dried chipotle peppers – ground
- Koshar or sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 avocado
- 4 strips of bacon
- 1 tomato sliced
- Chopped lettuce
- Thin slices of onion
- cheddar cheese
- Kaiser roll
Adapted from winefoot.com
Take the dried chipotle peppers and grind them in an old coffee grinder with small pulses. If it binds at all, you may have to remove them and cut them up into smaller pieces.
Cook the bacon in a cast iron skillet on medium heat until crispy – remove all but 1 tablespoon of the left-over bacon fat.
Form the ground beef into 1/2-lb patties – season with salt, pepper and the ground chipotle. Sear on medium-high heat for approximately 2-minutes per side or until medium-rare to medium.
Put on the cheese and cover with a stainless bowl (over the entire burger) until the cheese is melted.
Top with tomato, onions, fresh avocados, lettuce, bacon, mustard, mayo and ketchup.
You'll also love
- Lobster Stock 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Fusilli Carbonara with Frisee and... 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Steak with Charred Corn Salsa 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Mint Grapefruit Gummies 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Sesame Turkey Cutlets with Israeli... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Sisler Family Spinach Hamburgers 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Pork Ragu with Rigatoni 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Mamacita's Pork Carnitas 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
Review this recipe