Steak with Charred Corn Salsa
The charred corn gives an incredible sweetness to the salsa. Substitute chicken for the steak if you prefer and use your favorite seasoning. This recipe only takes 45 active minutes but there is a 3 hour marinade period.
- 1 Pound Flank Steak or Top Round
- 1/2 Cup Worcestershire Sauce
- Steak Seasoning
- Corn Salsa
- 1 Large Ear of Corn (1 cup kernels)
- 1 Cup Red Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper, Seeded and Finely Chopped
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Cheryy or Grape Tomatoes, quartered
- 1 Tablespoon White Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Lime Juice
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
1. To prepare lean steak, place in a glass or ceramic container, coat with Worcester sauce, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
2. Place corn on end in a large bowl and carefully use a parking knife to cut kernels from cob. Spread kernels in a single layer on a dry nonstick skillet. Cover over medium-high heat for 15-20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes, until kernels are charred.
3. Transfer charred corn to a large mixing bowl and add onion, jalapeno, salt, tomatoes,vinegar and lime juice. Stir to blend. Refrigerate salsa while preparing meat.
4. Season both sides of steak with steak seasoning before grilling.
5. Serve steak with charred corn salsa heaped on top.
Per Serving (with london broil beef): 244 calories, 9g fat, 12g total carbohydrate, 2g dietary fiber, 27g protein.