Creamy Potato-Leek Soup - WW
A classic French soup that is a snap to prepare. We caramelized the leeks first to give the soup a more robust flavor.
Serves - 6
- 1 1/2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 pound(s) uncooked leek(s), trimmed, chopped*
- 4 cup(s) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp table salt, or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground or more to taste
- 1 pound(s) uncooked Yukon gold potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 cup(s) light sour cream
- 3 Tbsp chives, fresh, snipped
Adapted from weightwatchers.com
Melt butter in a large stockpot over medium heat; add leeks and sauté until leeks turn translucent and start to caramelize, about 10 minutes.
Add broth, salt and pepper to pot; increase heat to high and bring to a boil.
Add potatoes and reduce heat to low; simmer, partially covered until potatoes are tender, about 20 to 25 minutes.
Puree soup in pot using an immersion blender (or working in small batches, puree the soup in a blender, careful not to splatter the hot liquid). Adjust seasonings if necessary, stir in sour cream and garnish with chives. Yields about 1 cup per serving.
You'll also love
- Pasta Fagioli in the Crockpot 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Chicken, Pineapple and coconut... 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Spicy Sausage, Escarole & White... 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Blueberry Cornbread Minimuffins -... 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Bleu Cheese and Bacon Potato Salad 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Creamy Potato and Ham Soup 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Potato, Egg & Biscuit Breakfast... 4.1/5 (26 Votes)
- Roasted Carrot Salad with Cumin... 4.7/5 (12 Votes)