One-Pot Pasta with Tomato-Basil Sauce
- 12 ounces casarecce or fusilli pasta
- 1 (28-oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 medium-size yellow onion, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/3 cup firmly packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 (6-oz.) package baby spinach
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Adapted from myrecipes.com
1. Place first 9 ingredients and, if desired, dried crushed red pepper in a Dutch oven in order of ingredient list. Cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat (about 12 to 15 minutes). Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook, covered, 10 to 12 minutes or until pasta is slightly al dente, stirring at 5-minute intervals.
2. Remove from heat, and stir in spinach. Cover and let stand 10 minutes. Stir just before serving. Serve with Parmesan cheese.
Note: We tested with Garofalo Casarecce pasta.
Shrimp Pasta Pot: Prepare recipe as directed, stirring in 1 lb. peeled large, raw shrimp, deveined, with spinach in Step 2.
You'll also love
- Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Stuffed with... 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- Lemon Jello Cake 4.6/5 (37 Votes)
- Spinach Bacon Cheese Puffs 4.6/5 (38 Votes)
- Baked Beef Ziti Weight Watchers 7... 4.3/5 (62 Votes)
- Gnocchi Breakfast Scramble 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Chili Bruschetta with Tomatoes and... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- roasted tomato basil soup with... 4.7/5 (14 Votes)
- One Pot Wonder Tomato Basil Pasta... 4.6/5 (23 Votes)