One Pot Wonder Tomato Basil Pasta Recipe
Thick and creamy pasta with tomatoes and basil made using only one pot.
- 12 ounces linguine pasta
- 1 (15-ounce)can diced tomatoes with liquid
- 1 medium sweet onion, cut in 1/4-inch julienne strips (use an onion such as Vidalia or Walla Walla)
- 4 cloves garlic, very thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 4 1/2 cups vegetable broth (use regular broth and NOT low sodium)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch (about 10 to 12 leaves) basil, diced
- Parmesan cheese for garnish
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from apronstringsblog.com
Place pasta, tomatoes, onion, and garlic in a large stock pot. Pour in vegetable broth. Sprinkle on top the pepper flakes and oregano. Drizzle top with oil.
Cover pot and bring to a boil. Reduce to a low simmer and keep covered and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes or so. Cook until almost all liquid has evaporated – I left about an inch of liquid in the bottom of the pot – but you can reduce as desired .
Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add basil leaves and stir pasta several times to distribute the liquid in the bottom of the pot evenly throughout the pasta as you are serving. Serve garnished with Parmesan cheese.
You'll also love
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake 4.7/5 (17 Votes)
- Herb-Roasted Pork Loin 4.7/5 (17 Votes)
- Chewy Chocolate-Cherry Bars 4.7/5 (17 Votes)
- Buffalo Chicken Dip 4.7/5 (17 Votes)
- Radish and Cucumber Salad 4.7/5 (17 Votes)
- Cold Peanut Noodles With Chicken 4.7/5 (17 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cookie Dip 4.7/5 (17 Votes)
- Homemade Chicken and Noodle Soup 4.7/5 (17 Votes)