Pumpkin Pots de Creme topped with Caramel Whipped Cream
A luscious pumpkin dessert with a hint of heat and topped with caramel whipped cream
- For Pumpkin
- 1 (15oz) can unsweetened pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup half and half cream
- For Caramel Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1-2 tablespoons prepared caramel sauce
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Bring water to boil in kettle for hot water bath.
Whisk together pumpkin puree and eggs. Mix in the brown sugar and granulated sugar. Add cinnamon, nutmeg, chipotle chile pepper and salt. Stir in half and half and mix until smooth.
Divide mixture evenly among 8 (1/2 cup capacity) ramekins. Place ramekins in a deep baking pan, place in middle rack of oven. Pour hot water in the pan to about halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Bake for about an hour. A thin knife inserted in the pots de creme should come out almost clean.
Let cool slightly, serve warm or chilled with the Caramel Whipped Cream.
Caramel Whipped Cream
Combine cream and caramel in a medium bow.. Refrigerate until very cold. With electric mixer, whip cream until soft peaks form. Refrigerate until ready to top pumpkin pots de creme.
You'll also love
- Broccoli and Potato Salad 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Portobello Mushroom Stroganoff 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Thanksgiving Carrot Ring 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Corn and Zucchini Fritters 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pumpkin Salsa 3/5 (2 Votes)
Review this recipe