Rate this recipe 3/5 (2 Votes)
- 1 Tbls Olive Oil
- 2 medium Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small Onion, chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (25 oz) can of whole peeled Tomatoes, drained and chopped. I use Cento
- 1 (15 oz) can of Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Honey
- 3 Tbls, chopped (from the jar) Jalapenos
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 - 1 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Chili flakes, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 3 Tablespoons Ground Cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons Ground Ginger
- 2 teaspoons Nutmeg
- 1-1/2 teaspoon Ground Allspice
- 1-1/2 teaspoon Ground Cloves
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 20 mins
Pumpkin Salsa, it's absolutely gorgeous tasting! Serve it with pork, chicken or simply with tortilla chips.
In a saute pan, heat Olive Oil over medium heat. Add chopped fresh Tomatoes, Onions and Garlic and saute until onions start to turn translucent.
Add in the drained, chopped (canned) Tomatoes, Pumpkin puree, Salt, honey, chopped Jalapenos and remaining spices.
Cook for 8 - 10 minutes. Set aside to cool. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
You can also add a small handful of fresh chopped Cilantro if you like, I personally like to sprinkle the fresh Cilantro over my taco instead.
You'll also love
- Bacon and Cheese Quiche 4.8/5 (16 Votes)
- APPLE SOUP (COLD) 3.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Yucatan-Style Turkey Soup 3.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Trofie al Pesto with Green Beans 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Roasted Acorn & Delicata Squash... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins 5/5 (1 Votes)
Review this recipe