Corn and Zucchini Fritters
- Dipping sauce:
- 4 green zucchini
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) kosher salt
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup (125ml) feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup (250ml) arugula, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) fresh dill, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup (125ml) green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (125ml) cooked corn kernels
- 1/2 cup (125ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) baking powder
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup (125ml) vegetable oil for frying
- 1 cup (250ml) sour cream
- 1/4 cup (60ml) mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) thin sliced scallion
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) fresh dill, chopped
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) Sirach hot sauce
Grate zucchini and place in a colander. (You should have approximately 2 ½ cups (625ml) Sprinkle evenly with salt.
Let sit 10 minutes.
Place the zucchini in a clean linen towel and gently squeeze out excess liquid.
Thin slice the green onion. Roughly chop the arugula and fresh dill.
In a large bowl mix the zucchini egg, egg yolk, arugula, feta, dill, onion and corn.
In a separate bowl sift the flour with the baking powder.
Mix the flour into the wet corn and zucchini mixture add salt and pepper.
Preheat a large non-stick pan over medium heat.
Add oil to a pan just to coat. Allow to heat until oil shimmers.
Using ¼ cup (60ml) amounts, form patties with the mixture and place them in the hot pan. Repeat leaving 2 inches (5cm) between each fritter.
Cook until edges have lost their gloss and are golden brown about 2 minutes. Flip and repeat on the other side.
Remove from heat and place on a paper towel-lined tray. Keep warm and continue to cook more fritters with the remaining batter.
To make the dipping sauce combine sour cream, mayonnaise, green onion, dill, zest and juice of 1 lemon, Sirachi sauce in a small bowl.
Serve fritters hot with dipping sauce.