Portobello Mushroom Stroganoff
I love Beef Stroganoff, but sometimes I need a little change. The Portobello mushrooms provide just the right meaty-ness to this meat-less dish.
- 2 large Portobello mushroom caps, sliced into bite-sized chunks
- 1/2 Yellow/Spanish Onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 cup of beef broth(canned or made form bullion will suffice)
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 C Sour Cream
- 1/2 Package Extra Wide Egg Noodles
Cook your egg noodles according to package directions. Place cooked noodles on your preferred serving dish.
Saute onions and garlic in olive oil. Add sliced mushrooms and cook until liquids have evaporated. Remove mushrooms from pan and set aside.
Deglaze pan with beef broth and scrape all the bits and pieces left behind, if any. Allow to simmer to evaporate a bit of the liquid. Lower the heat and add mustard and sour cream and stir well. Return mushrooms to sauce to heat completely through.
Pour mushrooms and sauce over egg noodles and serve immediately.