Crock Pot Chicken Goulash
This chicken goulash is like the quintessential comfort food. Serve it with crusty bread, rice, pasta or mashed potatoes and some steamed vegetables.
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 1 sweet red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped finely
- 3 large cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 320mins
In a medium sized skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and saute until tender. Add to the slow cooker.
Add the bell pepper, jalapeno pepper and garlic cloves to the skillet. Cook until soft and tender. Add to the slow cooker.
Add the remaining ingredients to the slow cooker and stir to mix. Cook on low for 5 - 6 hours or on high for 2 1/2 - 3 hours.
Once the chicken breasts are cooked thoroughly remove them from the slow cooker and shred them using two forks. Return the shredded chicken to the slow cooker and stir to mix. If you find that this is too runny, mix in a couple of tablespoons of tomato paste to thicken it.
You'll also love
- Pear-Raspberry Jelly Roll... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Pork Chop Potato Bake 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Ube Pies (Purple Yam or Purple... 3.9/5 (16 Votes)
- Sticky "Oven-Fried" Ginger Garlic... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Jay's Deep Fried Turkey with... 4/5 (37 Votes)
- Pineapple Stuffing Casserole 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Pumpkin French Toast with Pumpkin... 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Real Taco Pie 4.1/5 (14 Votes)