Beef with Snow Peas Stir Fry - Pioneer Woman
This is one of Ree Drummond's 16-minute meals. I doubled the sauce recipe (less cornstarch) and added garlic, onion, carrot, and red bell pepper.
- 1 cup soy sauce, low-sodium
- 6 tablespoons sherry or cooking sherry
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ginger, peeled and minced fresh
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak (or flatiron, or London broil), trimmed of fat and sliced very thin against the grain
- 3 tablespoons peanut or olive oil
- 8 ounces fresh snow peas, trimmed
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup carrots, shredded
- Crushed red pepper
- Jasmine or long grain rice
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 16mins
In a bowl, mix together the soy sauce, sherry, cornstarch, brown sugar and ginger.
Add the beef to a separate bowl and pour one-third of the liquid over the top. Save the rest of the liquid. Toss the beef and set aside.
Heat the oil in a heavy skillet (iron is best) over high heat. Add the snow peas and stir for 45 seconds and get as much color on them as possible. Remove to a plate. Add remainder of vegetables; stir and saute about a minute. Remove to plate with snow peas.
Allow the skillet to get very hot again. With tongs, add half the meat mixture, leaving most of the marinade still in the bowl. Spread out the meat as you add it to skillet, but do not stir for a good minute. (You want the meat to get as brown as possible in as short amount a time as possible.) Flip the meat to the other side and cook for another 30 seconds. Remove to a clean plate.
Repeat with the other half of the meat, allowing the skillet to get very hot again first. After flipping, add the first plateful of meat, the reserved liquid, the crushed red pepper and vegetables. Stir over high heat for 30 seconds, and then turn off the heat. Check seasonings and add salt only if it needs it. The mixture will thicken as it sits.
Serve immediately over rice.
You'll also love
- Asian Beef with Snow Peas 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Lemony one pan orecchiette with... 3.8/5 (26 Votes)
- Cabbage Roll Casserole 4/5 (6 Votes)
- BRIEF BEEF BRISKET 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Sugar Snap Pea & Carrot Soba... 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Appletini 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Easy Chicken and Waffles 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Spider Web 7-Layer Dip 4.5/5 (6 Votes)