Kittencal's Moist Cheddar-Garlic Oven Fried Chicken Breast
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic (can use more or less)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder, divided (garlic lovers can use more)
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt (or can use white salt)
- 3/4 cup seasoned dry bread crumb (seasoned or plain)
- 1/2 cup finely grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional and use any amount desired, or can use shredded mozzarella cheese)
Preparation time 20mins
Adapted from food.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Butter an 11 x 7-inch pan (if using more than 4 breasts use a larger pan).
In a bowl, combine melted butter with fresh minced garlic, 1 teaspoon garlic powder and salt.
In another bowl, combine the dry breadcrumbs with 1/2 cup finely grated cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese 1 teaspoon garlic powder and coarse ground black pepper.
Dip chicken in butter mixture; then in crumb mixture.
Place in prepared pan and bake uncovered for 35-45 minutes or until cooked through, larger breasts may take more time (placing the chicken on a rack in a pan will produce an extra crispy crust).
Top with shredded cheddar or mozzarella the last 5 minutes of cooking (this is only optional.
You'll also love
- O'Charley's Loaded Potato Soup 4/5 (90 Votes)
- Oven Fried Provolone Stuffed... 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Cream Cheese Mashed... 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Potato, Bacon & Onion Foil Packet 4.4/5 (29 Votes)
- Garlicky Roasted Shrimp with... 4.4/5 (29 Votes)
- Guacamole Chicken Salad 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Honey Soy Chicken Breasts 4.4/5 (37 Votes)