Sausage wontons will be a hit at your next tailgate, snack on these savory bite sized morsels of fun!
Rate this recipe 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 4 green onions, diced
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 60 wonton wrappers
- Vegetable oil
Adapted from thecottagejournal.com
Makes 60 wontons
In a large skillet, brown sausage over medium heat on stovetop until crumbly. Drain well.
In a mixing bowl, combine cooked sausage, cream cheese, green onions, and ground red pepper.
Place 1 teaspoon of mixture in center of each wonton wrapper. Moisten wonton wrapper edges with water. Bring corners together, pressing to seal.
In a Dutch oven, pour oil to a 2-inch depth and heat to 350°. Fry wontons in batches until golden, turning once. Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- PASTA, HAM AND PEA SALAD 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Lentil Soup - Vegetarian 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Bacon Cheddar Ranch Pasta Salad 4.4/5 (32 Votes)
- Pan Roasted Maple Dijon Chicken... 4.3/5 (40 Votes)
- Kielbasa Sandwiches with Grilled... 4.2/5 (60 Votes)
Review this recipe