- 2 pints strawberries, quartered lengthwise (21 oz fzn strawberries, thawed & quartered)
- 2 cups fresh or fzn & thawed rhubarb (cut into 1/2" pieces)
- 1-2 Tbsp quick cooking tapioca or 1/2-1 Tbsp constarch (If berries are not very juicy, use minimum amount of cornstarch suggested)
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup whole grain pastry flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp no-trans-fat 68% vegetable oil spread stick or butter
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 Tbsp honey
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 65mins
1) In 2-qt baking dish, stir together strawberries, rhubarb, tapioca, ginger, 1/2 cup of sugar, 1/4 tsp of cinnamon.
2) Spread fruit mixture level; let stand 20 minutes.
3) Heat oven to 400.
4) In medium bowl, stir together flour salt, remaining 1/4 cup sugar, & 3/4 tsp cinnamon.
5) Cut in margarine until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
6) Stir in oats until combined.
7) Drizzle honey over oats; stir until mixture is crumbly.
8) Sprinkle over fruit in an even layer.
9) Bake 35-40 minutes or until fruit is bubbly and topping is golden brown.
10) Serve warm or at room temperature.