Strawberry Crunch Cake
Strawberry cake is made from scratch, with frozen strawberries, sour cream, a pecan topping layer, and strawberry sauce
- •Pecan Layer and Topping:
- •2 (10 ounces each) packages frozen strawberries in syrup
- •1 cup butter
- •1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- •2 eggs
- •1 cup sour cream
- •2 cups all-purpose flour
- •1 teaspoon baking powder
- •1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- •1/2 teaspoon salt
- •1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- •1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- •2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- •1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- •Reserved strawberry syrup
- •4 teaspoons cornstarch
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 65mins
Drain thawed strawberries, reserving syrup; set aside.
In a mixing bowl cream butter and 1 1/4 cups sugar together until light and fluffy. Add eggs; beat well. Blend in sour cream. In another bowl stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture, blending well.
Spread half of the batter in a greased and floured 13x8x2-inch baking pan. Spoon drained strawberries over the batter.
Combine pecan layer ingredients in a small bowl; sprinkle half of the nut mixture over the layer of batter and strawberries. Spread remaining batter over all, then sprinkle with remaining nut mixture.
Bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes.
In a small saucepan, combine reserved strawberry syrup with 4 teaspoons cornstarch. Heat, stirring, until thickened and bubbly. Add 2 teaspoons lemon juice. Cool and serve over warm or cooled strawberry crunch cake. Serve with whipped cream or whipped topping, if desired.
You'll also love
- Acapulco-Style Shrimp Cocktail 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Carrot Cake (Silver Palate) 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Arugula Pesto Pasta with Ricotta... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- LIME JELLO COTTAGE CHEESE SALAD 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Raspberry Sauce for Salmon 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Strawberry Bread from Southern... 3.9/5 (9 Votes)
- PEACH CRUNCH CAKE 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Blueberry Crunch Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
Review this recipe