Check out these awesome apple cookies! With brown sugar, cinnamon, raisins, and walnuts, they're the perfect fall cookie.
- 3/4 cup shortening, softened
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 2/3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups quick cooking rolled oats
- 2 medium McIntosh apples, peeled and chopped
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 2/3 cup walnuts
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Preheat oven to 350°F, grease baking sheets and set aside.
In a large bowl, cream together the shortening and brown sugar. Then add the eggs and vanilla and beat the mixture until it's fluffy.
Sift together 2 cups of the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Add the sifted ingredients and the oats to the creamed mixture. Blend well.
In a separate bowl, stir together the remaining 2/3 cup flour, apples, raisins and walnuts. Fold this mixture in with the rest of the batter.
Drop by the teaspoon 2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake until the edges are golden, about 12 minutes.
Cool the cookies on a wire rack or a plate and then put into a sealed container. These cookies will stay fresh for up to 5 days.
You'll also love
- Lemon Cake with Lemon Meringue... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Shrimp with Zucchini and... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- APPLE ENCHILADA DESSERT 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Mom's Pineapple-Cranberry Squares... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Bob Evans Sausage Cranberry... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Christmas Rice Stuffing with Bacon 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pies 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Maw-Maw's Date Skillet Cookies 5/5 (1 Votes)