Raspberry- Pineapple Granita
- 2 C raspberries, chilled
- 2 C diced fresh pineapple, chilled
- 1/3 C superfine sugar
- 2 T fresh lemon juice
Preparation time 10mins
1. Chill 13 x 9 x 2" nonreactive metal baking pan on freezer for at least 30 mins.
2. Puree raspberries in blender or food processor. Force through sieve with rubber spatula to remove seeds (you should have about 1C puree).
3. Puree pineapple,sugar & lemon juice in blender or food processor until smooth ( you should have about 2 C puree). Stir in raspberry puree.
4. Pour into chilled baking pan. Freeze until ice crystals form around the edges, 30- 60 mins. Using a fork, stir well to incorporate ice from edges into whole mixture. Return to freezer. Every 30 minutes, mash mixture & stir, until all the liquid is uniformly frozen, about 3 hours.
5. Spoon granita into chilled bowls & serve. The granita should be slightly soft. If it freezes solid, place pan in refrigerator for a few minutes & mash again before serving,
You'll also love
- Sweet Potato, Corn, and Kale... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Baked Mediterranean Snapper 4.2/5 (16 Votes)
- Spinach Appetizer Torte with... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Honey-Orange Pork Tenderloin 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- No Bake Strawberry Jello Lasagna 4/5 (53 Votes)
- Contest-Winning Caramel Apple... 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Crock-Pot Blueberry Breakfast... 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Pineapple Cherry Dump Cake 4.3/5 (19 Votes)