Chicken 'n Waffle Tacos
Stuffed with strips of tender chicken, round waffles stand in for tacos in this sweet and savory take on the Tex-Mex favorite.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut lengthwise into 16 strips
- 1 package SHAKE 'N BAKE Extra Crispy Seasoned Coating Mix
- 8 round frozen waffles, thawed
- 1/3 cup maple-flavored or pancake syrup
- 2 tablespoon KRAFT Original Barbecue Sauce, or your favorite barbecue sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha sauce, or your favorite hot chili sauce
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from kraftrecipes.com
Heat oven to 400ºF.
Coat chicken with coating mix as directed on package; place on baking sheet. Bake 12 to 15 min. or until done.
Meanwhile, spray both sides of waffles with cooking spray. Gently fold each in half; secure with wooden toothpick. Place on separate baking sheet. Add to oven to bake with chicken for the last 8 minutes. Mix syrup, barbecue sauce and Sriracha sauce until blended.
Remove toothpicks from waffles. Place chicken strips in waffle shells; top with syrup mixture and green onions.
You'll also love
- Pigs in a Blanket on a Stick 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Buffalo Chicken Potstickers 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- One Pan Cajun Chicken Dinner 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Easy Chicken Tacos 4.1/5 (12 Votes)
- Maple Balsamic & Herb Chicken 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Easy Chicken and Waffles 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Oven Fried Chicken and Waffles 3.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Loaded Chicken Fajita Omelette 0/5 (0 Votes)