Fried Apple Cheddar Turkey Burgers
These fried apple cheddar turkey burgers are an unlikely combo that is strangely delicious. Very juicy and flavorful.
- 2 pounds ground turkey thigh
- 1 cup monterey jack/cheddar cheese
- 1 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- few sprinkles black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of your favorite barbecue sauce
- 3 small sweet peppers, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced dried onion
- 3 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 1 1/2 pink lady apples
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl with the ground turkey. Let sit for about 15 minutes before cooking. After the wait time, form patties with meat and cook until no longer pink.
Slice apples so they are thin. Put butter in a sauce pan, melt. Once melted, add apples. Sprinkle with the spices and toss with a spoon while they cook. Cook on high, stirring often. Cook until they are a little browned and still a bit crunchy (not mushy).
Toast bun. Put a little mayo on each bun slice. Melt cheddar cheese on burgers, finish off with a few apple slices, top with other half of bun.
You'll also love
- loaded bratwurst stew 4/5 (4 Votes)
- rhubarb white chocolate muffins 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Zucchini Fritters with Garlic... 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Dessert Misc: Strawberry Shortcake... 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Chocolate-Chocolate Chip Muffins 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Bacon, Tomato and Cheddar... 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Applebee's Bourbon Street Steak 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Pineapple Bread Pudding w/ Rum... 4/5 (4 Votes)