Never-Fail Divinity *(GOOD)*
This recipe for divinity is easy, and delicious! Use your microwave to make the syrup that is then mixed into the stiffly beaten egg whites.
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- Dash salt
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 90mins
Combine sugar, corn syrup, 3/4 cup water and salt in 2-quart glass casserole.
Microwave on high for 19 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes or to 260°F on candy thermometer. Beat egg whites until very stiff. Pour hot syrup gradually over egg whites, beating at high speed for about 12 minutes or until thick and candy begins to lose gloss. Fold in vanilla pecans. Drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper.
You'll also love
- Scallops with Citrus Glaze 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Sourdough Bread 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Blintz Souffle 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Strawberry Shortcakes with Extra... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Pineapple Ham Loaf 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Chewy Skor Toffee Bits Cookies 4/5 (9 Votes)
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Bark 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Crispy Quinoa Peanut Butter Balls 4.1/5 (15 Votes)