Turkey & White Bean Burgers
A little ground turkey goes a long way with these quick, flavorful burgers. They're great topped with slices of tomato, red onion, and tangy honey mustard.
- 1/2 cup canned small white beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely diced red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons plain dried breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced chives
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 slices (1/2 inch thick) good country bread (like ciabatta), toasted
Combine the white beans, 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, and the garlic in a large bowl.
Using a fork, lightly smash the beans and mix with the oil and garlic until blended. Add the red pepper, breadcrumbs, Worcestershire sauce, egg, and chives. Mix until blended.
Crumble the ground turkey and add it to the bowl, along with 1/2 tsp. salt and a generous sprinkling of pepper.
Gently mix with a fork or your hands until just blended; don’t overmix or the burgers will be tough.
Fill a medium bowl with water, moisten your hands, and shape the meat into four patties about 3 inches in diameter and 3/4 inch thick.
Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook the burgers until the bottoms are browned, 4 to 5 minutes.
Flip the burgers and continue cooking until they’re firm to the touch and register 165°F on an instant-read thermometer, another 5 to 8 minutes. Serve immediately on the toasted bread.
You'll also love
- Smothered Pork Chops... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pappardelle with Baby Spinach,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Huckleberry BBQ Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Marsala and Mushrooms 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Oven Beer Can Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spiced Beef Sandwich 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Peach Coffee Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chard and White Bean Stew 0/5 (0 Votes)