Blueberry orange Bread
This recipe is almost 40 years old, but it is the best breakfast or snack treat you could ever ask for.
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Zest of 1 orange (grated)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or butter
Rinse blueberries and dry on a paper towel
Place grated orange zest, sugar, water and salt in a saucepan Bring to a boil and simmer about 10 minutes, until syrupy. Then let cool. Measure liquid and add enough water to equal 1-1/2 cups of liquid.
In a large bowl, stir together flour and baking powder. In a small bowl, stir together eggs and the oil or butter. Then add to the dry ingredients with the cooled syrup mixture. Mix just enough to moisten the dry ingredients the fold in the blueberries.
Pour in a greased and floured loaf pan and bake approximately 1 hour until lightly brown and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
You'll also love
- Skillet Apple Brown Betty 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Copycat Suddenly Salad Ranch and... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Katie Couric's Lemon Chicken 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Simple Lemon Bundt Cake with Lemon... 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Rhubarb Orange Mousse 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Old Fashioned Blackberry Pie 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Blackberry Crescent Rolls 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Blueberry Muffins- Passover 5/5 (2 Votes)