Rigatoni in Blush Sauce with Chicken and Bacon
Fairly easy, super delicious! Maybe buy some tomato paste to add to the diced tomatoes to make a thicker sauce. Also, chicken not necessary; bacon amazing and a whole onion seems like a lot, but it's the perfect amount. Hot sauce is not necessary, a couple dashes of Tapatio were fine. Use GF pasta.
- 1/2 lb uncooked rigatoni pasta, cooked according to package instructions
- 1 chicken breast, boneless, skinless, cut into small pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 tbsp Frank's hot sauce
- 1 can (2 cups) diced tomatoes
- fresh basil, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- fresh Parmesan cheese
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from jocooks.com
1.In a large skillet, add the bacon and cook it until it starts rendering some fat. Add the chicken, onion and garlic and cook until chicken is no longer pink and is cooked through. Add diced tomatoes, water, basil, hot sauce, and cook for 10 minutes. Add sour cream and stir. If needed add salt and pepper to taste.
2.Add the pasta to the skillet, add the mozzarella cheese and toss it all together to make sure all pasta is covered in the cheese and sauce.
3.Grate with fresh Parmesan cheese and serve warm.
You'll also love
- Parsnip and Beef Barley Soup 4.3/5 (29 Votes)
- Spinach and Ravioli Lasagna 4.2/5 (37 Votes)
- Easy Parmesan Buttered Noodles 4.3/5 (31 Votes)
- Easy Grilled Pork Chops 4.2/5 (31 Votes)
- Baby Hasselback Potatoes with Blue... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Spring Pea Orzo 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Rigatoni with Meaty Mushroom... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- PORK SAUSAGE & TOMATO RIGATONI 4.5/5 (10 Votes)