PORK SAUSAGE & TOMATO RIGATONI
I love this for a hearty midweek
meal. You can also use chicken,
lamb or beef sausages in this recipe.
PER SERVE • 21g protein • 20g fat (6g
saturated fat) • 68g carb • 9g dietary fibre
• 567 Cals (2370kJ)
- 350 g rigatoni or penne pasta
- 4 Pork Sausages, casings removed, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup (125ml) dry white wine
- 2 x 200g punnets Perino grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 1/2 cup finely shredded basil
- Finely grated parmesan, to serve
- Rocket leaves, to serve
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
1. Cook the pasta following packet directions or until al dente. Drain well.
2. Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the sausage meat and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up large lumps, for 5 mins or until brown. Transfer to a bowl.
3. Add the oil to the pan. Cook the onion, stirring, for 5 mins or until onion softens. Add the garlic and cook for 1 min or until fragrant. Add the wine and bring to the boil. Cook for 2 mins or until the wine reduces by half. Add the tomato and tomato paste and cook, stirring, for 2 mins or until tomato begins to break down. Remove from heat. Add the sausage meat and stir to combine.
Season with salt and pepper.
4. Pour the tomato mixture over the pasta. Add the basil and toss to combine.
Divide among serving bowls and sprinkle with parmesan. Serve with
You'll also love
- Creamy Tuna Noodle Cazuela 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Apple, Cheddar and Spinach Salad... 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Smoky Sweet Potato Hummus 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Mushroom-Beef Noodle Soup 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Ancho Tamarind Pork Stew 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Beef and Sausage Chili 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Sausage Stuffed Potato Galette 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Tomato & Cabbage Salsa "Crack" 4.5/5 (13 Votes)