Spinach Salad with Potatoes, Olives & Feta
This hearty salad makes for a great lunch or light dinner. Potatoes, onion, green beans, tomatoes, olives, feta, get a fresh basil vinaigrette.
- 12 cups baby spinach
- 2 red potatoes, cut into a 1/4-inch dice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives, halved
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon creamy Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from healthy-delicious.com
Wash the spinach and put it in a large salad bowl.
In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes and cook, stirring once or twice, until they begin to brown, about 5-8 minutes. Reduce heat to low and cook another 4-5 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender and cooked through. Add the onion and green beans to the pan; cook 5 minutes. Pour the warm vegetables onto the spinach. Let the salad sit while you make the vinaigrette (the spinach will wilt very slightly.)
Add half the tomatoes, feta, olives, and half of the basil vinaigrette. Toss to combine. Serve the salad with the remaining vinaigrette.
Add the vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, and basil to a blender. Cover and blend on medium speed for about 5 seconds (just to break up the basil). With the blender running, drizzle in the olive oil. Blend until the dressing is smooth, 15-20 seconds. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
You'll also love
- Crab Hash (Cheesecake Factory) 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Spiced Orange Cake 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Maple Oatmeal Raisin Cookies 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Pumpkin Pie 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Microwaved Corn on the Cob 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Coconut Flour Sweet Potato Brownies 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Apple Pie 4.1/5 (28 Votes)
- Kale and Mushroom Stroganoff 4.4/5 (25 Votes)