Escarole with Spaghetti
- 1 head of escarole – cleaned and cut
- 5 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 pint of grape tomatoes – halved
- 3 tablespoons of raisins – chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb. of your favorite spaghetti or macaroni
- Fresh grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from livingthegourmet.blogspot.com
Heat a large frying pan with the olive oil. Carefully add the escarole, garlic and grape tomatoes and raisins. Cover slightly and let simmer until the escarole gently wilts.
Add the chicken broth and continue to gently simmer on low. Add the seasonings.
Prepare the spaghetti as directed.
Add the drained spaghetti to the pan of escarole the tablespoon of honey and toss.
Plate the spaghetti and top with a drizzle of olive oil, dash of red pepper flakes and freshly grated Romano or Parmesan cheese.