Slow Cooker Turtle Monkey Bread
Set your slow cooker timer to turn on about 2 hours before you want breakfast and enjoy this monkey bread hot in the morning! The pecans and chocolate make this a perfect turtle monkey bread!
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (16.3-ounce) can Pillsbury® Grands!® Homestyle refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 3/4 cup pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1/3 cup milk chocolate chips
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 135mins
Adapted from pillsbury.com
Spray 4 1/2- to 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In 2-cup microwavable measuring cup, mix brown sugar and butter; microwave uncovered on High 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until mixture is boiling and smooth.
In large resealable food-storage plastic bag, place granulated sugar. Separate dough into 8 biscuits; cut each into fourths. Add a few of the biscuit pieces at a time to bag; shake to coat.
Sprinkle 1/4 cup of the pecans in slow cooker; top with half of the biscuit mixture. Pour one-third of the butter mixture over biscuits in cooker. Repeat with 1/4 cup pecans and remaining biscuit mixture. Pour remaining butter mixture over biscuits, and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup pecans.
Cover; cook on High heat setting 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until knife inserted in center comes out clean and biscuits are no longer doughy in center. Tops of biscuits will be moist and may appear unbaked. Turn off cooker.
Carefully remove cover so condensation does not drip onto bread. Cover opening with paper towels; return cover to cooker. Let stand 10 minutes. Run a knife around edge of cooker; turn bread upside down onto heatproof serving plate.
In 1-quart saucepan, heat cream over medium heat just to boiling. Remove from heat. Stir in chocolate chips until melted and smooth. Drizzle over monkey bread. Serve warm.
You can substitute 1/4 cup hot fudge topping, heated, for the chocolate drizzle.
You'll also love
- Mexican Penne with Chicken Thighs 4.4/5 (31 Votes)
- Strawberry Shortcake Cookies 4.4/5 (29 Votes)
- Kielbasa Sandwiches with Grilled... 4.2/5 (54 Votes)
- Zucchini Bread 4.4/5 (30 Votes)
- The Best Cake Donuts 4.4/5 (30 Votes)
- Spicy Sangre Blood Orange Margarita 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Low Carb Brownie Cream Cheese... 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Monkey Bread Cream Cheese &... 4.5/5 (23 Votes)