Kielbasa Sandwiches with Grilled Sweet Onions, Sauerkraut, Melted Cheese & Mustard Jalapeno Spread
The whole grain mustard mixed with the jalapeño jelly makes a spicy and delicious condiment on this sausage and sauerkraut sandwich served on a crusty roll.
- 1 pound polish Kielbasa, sliced into 1/4 inch circles
- 1 (12-ounce) jar sauerkraut
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced in thin rounds
- 4 tablespoons whole grain Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons spicy jalapeno jelly
- 4 slices Gruyere cheese
- 4 small crusty rolls
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Mix together your mustard and jelly until well combine. Your condiment is now ready.
In a cast iron skillet, brown up the kielbasa. Once slightly darkened around edges, remove from the pan and set aside.
In the same pan, add your sweet onions and grill up until just beginning to brown and soften. Add sauerkraut to the pan with the onions and cook together about 8 minutes, until most juices evaporate.
Slice your rolls and scoop out a bit of the inside bread if desired.
Next, assemble the sandwiches (in a pan preferably with sides if making
many). First, spread some of the mustard/jelly condiment on the bottom.
Next, pile on some kielbasa rounds (about 8 Don't Skimp!) then the onion/sauerkraut mixture and then top with a good slice of Gruyere Cheese.
Place the pan under the broiler - along with the top of the rolls (facing inside up) to slightly crisp its edges
Once cheese has melted, remove from the oven. PAY ATTENTION WHEN IN BROILER.
Spread some more mustard/jelly condiment on the inside top of the roll and close the sandwich.
You'll also love
- UNCLE BOB’S FRESH APPLE CAKE 4.6/5 (26 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Baked White Fish 4.6/5 (26 Votes)
- Homemade Italian Beef 4.6/5 (26 Votes)
- Dr. Oz’s Anti-Diabetes Drink 4.2/5 (39 Votes)
- Olive Garden Hot Artichoke Spinach... 4.4/5 (45 Votes)
- Polish Sausage and Cabbage Soup... 4.7/5 (23 Votes)
- Italian Sausage and Orzo Skillet 4.7/5 (23 Votes)