Strawberry Shortcake Cookies
A cake-like cookie with a delicious strawberry shortcake flavor. Enjoy alone or with whipped cream or ice cream.
- 1 cup strawberries, diced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 cups + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup + 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoo salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cups nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- zest of 1 lemon
- VANILLA GLAZE:
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Place strawberries, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons flour, and 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar into a small mixing bowl and toss together until well coated. Place in refrigerator while prepping the rest of the recipe.
In a medium mixing bowl, sift together the remaining flour, remaining sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Cut in the butter until a fine/even, grainy texture forms.
Stir in the Greek yogurt and vanilla and mix until just combined. Fold in the strawberry mixture and lemon zest and mix until well combined.
Line a baking sheet with parchment and spoon on 2 tablespoons of dough at a time, about 1 inch apart.
Bake for 17 to 20 minutes or until the cookies have barely started to brown on top. Remove from the oven and transfer cookies onto a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
While the cookies cool, make the glaze. Place the sugar, milk and vanilla into a small bowl and gently stir together with a fork until no lumps remain. Drizzle glaze over cookies and serve or allow to set, about 30 minutes, before serving.
You'll also love
- Kiwi Jam 4.3/5 (33 Votes)
- Garlicky Roasted Shrimp with... 4.4/5 (31 Votes)
- Peaches cookies - my favourite 4.4/5 (29 Votes)
- Buttermilk Carrot Cake 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Old Timey Southern Tea Cakes 4.4/5 (26 Votes)
- Mom's Blueberry Muffins 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Blueberry Lemon Cupcakes with... 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Strawberry Pie 4.5/5 (29 Votes)