Potato, Herbed New Potato Casserole
- 1-1/4 pounds unpeeled small red potatoes, sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled (1 halved and 3 minced)
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 T plus 1 tsp. margarine
- 2 T all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary crumbled
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/4 ounces Swiss cheese, shredded
- 3/4 ounce grated parmesan cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a large pot of boiling water, blanch the potatoes for 3 minute. Drain.
2. Rub a 5-cup baking dish with the halved garlic clove. Spray the baking dis with nonstick cooking spray. Place half the potato slices evenly in the dish. Top with all of the onion slices, then with the remaining potato slices.
3. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the margarine. Add the minced garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 3 minutes. Stir in the flour until well combined. Gradually add the milk, whisking constantly, until well combined.
4. Whisk in 2 Tablespoons of the parsley, the rosemary, salt, and pepper, and cook, whisking constantly, until the mixture is the consistency of thick cream, about 5 minutes.
5. Pour the sauce over the potatoes and onions, cover with foil, and bake until the sauce is bubbly and the potatoes are cooked through, about 30 minutes.
6. Sprinkle with the Swiss cheese and Parmesan, and continue to bake, uncovered until golden brown on top, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons parsley and serve hot.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (451 Votes)
- Herbed New Potatoes 4.5/5 (66 Votes)
- Stuffed New Potatoes 4.7/5 (45 Votes)
- Ultra-Crispy New Potatoes with... 4.5/5 (50 Votes)