Swedish Potato Sausage
- 4 pounds peeled potatoes, coarsely ground (use ascorbic acid dissolved in a bowl of water to prevent blackening.)
- 2 pounds ground beef, cut into pieces
- 2 pounds ground pork (pork butt is good), cut into pieces
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 medium yellow onions, peeled and quartered
- 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 tablespoons salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- beef casings for stuffing
Coarsely grind (1/4-inch chop) the potatoes, beef, and pork in a meat grinder. Cut into 1-inch pieces first if grinding in the food processor. Soak the potatoes in the water with ascorbic acid. Grind the onions the same way. When ready to mix the sausage, drain the potatoes well and combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well.
Stuff casings loosely. Cut in appropriate lengths and tie with a string. Pierce the casings in several places, then simmer the sausage in water to cover about 40 minutes.
Makes 8 lbs. of sausage.
You'll also love
- Bourbon Glazed Kielbasa 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef Pot Roast (Sandra Lee) 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Lipton Onion Chuck Steak 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Twice-Cooked Coconut Shrimp 0/5 (0 Votes)
- FETTUCCINE WITH GOAT CHEESE, LEEKS... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- New Potatoes and Peas with Ham 0/5 (0 Votes)
- How to cook German Bratwurst 0/5 (0 Votes)