Cream Cheese Carrot Muffins Recipe
Bite into these smooth carrot muffins to reach the surprise sweetened cream cheese filling. Extra gooey-good when served warm from the oven!
- 1 (15-ounce) can sliced carrots, drained
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon each ground allspice, cloves and nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
Place carrots in a food processor; cover and process until smooth.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and spices.
In a small bowl, whisk the pureed carrots, egg and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
Fill 12 greased muffin cups one third full. Reserve remaining batter.
In a small bowl, beat the filling ingredients until smooth. Drop by tablespoonfuls into the center of each muffin. Top with remaining batter.
Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
Cool for 5 minutes, then remove from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
You'll also love
- Sausage Stuffed Pasta Shells 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Creamy banana bread 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Cream Cheese & Mushroom Scrambled... 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Pumpkin Spice Spread 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Summer Squash Sauté 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Citrusy Fig & Almond Jam 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Bread Machine Southern Biscuits 3.9/5 (102 Votes)
- Corn Pudding - Jiffy 4.1/5 (16 Votes)