Cherry Pie Crumble Bars
Pie crumble bars are little squares packed with cherry goodness! These cherry pie crumble bars are so good they will have you coming back for more!
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups butter, cut into pieces
- 2 large egg yolks; lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 4 cups cherry pie filling
Preheat oven to 375ºF.
Lightly grease a 9x13-inch pan and line with parchment paper.
Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and butter until well combined. The mix will have small chunks of butter.
In a small bowl, whisk extracts into beaten egg yolks. Combine with flour mixture
Remove 2 generous cups of the crumb mixture and set aside for the topping in a small bowl.
Press remaining dough evenly into prepared baking pan.
Spoon Tart Cherry Pie Filling into pan on top of dough and spread evenly with rubber spatula
Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
Bake until topping is golden brown and filling is cooked through and bubbly, about 55 minutes.
To prevent over-browning of topping, cover with sheet of aluminum foil during last 20 minutes of baking.
You'll also love
- Baked Apple Pie Roll-Ups 4.3/5 (67 Votes)
- Famous Dave's Bread Pudding 3.9/5 (119 Votes)
- Family-Favorite Tuna Noodle... 4.7/5 (43 Votes)
- Trisha Yearwood's Potato-Beef... 3.8/5 (134 Votes)
- White Chocolate Strawberry Tiramisu 4.5/5 (51 Votes)
- Wild Blueberry and Lemon Meringue... 4.6/5 (49 Votes)
- Cherry Slab Pie 4.4/5 (62 Votes)
- Outrageous Cherry Dr Pepper Cake 4.1/5 (91 Votes)